Our family

Our family
Ethan, Levi and Alana

Friday, July 20, 2012

And six months later...

Ok, so I haven't been very faithful in writing. I know, I know. But I'm ready to update everyone again. Last time I wrote, I was in Texas, hoping to end back up in Tennessee. And yet, here I am in Northwest Indiana, just outside of Chicago. Crazy, huh? I came here by way of Nebraska in mid-June, leaving Texas and driving north to the Grand Island, Nebraska, area. I left Texas to head to where my daughter, Emily, her husband, Dave, and the grandkids -- Alana, 11; Ethan, 9; Levi, 3; and Arrayah, 7 months -- were living at the time. I was there about a month, living in a hotel until I could get myself established. I got a job as an inside sales rep for a company that makes machines that manufacture wall panels, doors and stairs, and I was enjoying that and starting to do pretty good with it. Then Dave's brother got very ill and they traveled back to Indiana to be there for the surgery. And while there -- they hadn't been back in several years -- they decided they wanted to return to this area. So Emily came back on the bus and we packed up as much as we could into my car, and we all came back. We are renting a house together and sharing the rent and utilities, which is a cheaper way to go. In many ways, I'm glad to be back, as this is home to me. My parents are buried here. I was born and raised here. The kids will be starting school in another month -- they have been homeschooled for several years, so it will be a big change for them -- and they are looking forward to it. I start my new job tomorrow afternoon, and while it isn't in newspapers (my profession), it is working with people and ministering to their needs. And it is fulltime, which is something difficult to find these days. We are adjusting to the change. I'm really glad to be involved in the kids' lives again on a daily basis, and have sure missed that. God is good, and I am grateful. Just catching everyone up...

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment