Our family

Our family
Ethan, Levi and Alana

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

God Knows

By Kim Steele

God knows my heart -- cold and alone
As it threatens to die like a seed on hard stone;
God knows my mind -- too often unpure
And eager to follow sin’s challenging lure;
God knows my body -- its fleshly desire
Draws me through the sharp thorns
of life’s bramble and briar.

God knows my words -- bullets and knives
Carelessly spewed out on innocent lives;
God knows my thoughts -- harboring evil
That blots out the love and gives place to the devil;
God knows my deeds -- selfish and grand
And intent on arrangement
by my human hand.

God knows my weakness -- faith that’s so small
When toddling behind Him I stumble and fall;
God knows my failure -- the goals I can’t reach
And the lessons ignored that He labors to teach;
God knows my sins -- their numbers immense
With all of them lacking
in wisdom and sense.

But God knows my search -- to be honest and wise
As I open my heart and take off my disguise;
God knows my toil -- seeking sweet rest
And eager to lay weary head on His breast;
God knows my cries -- petitions I send
Of peace for the weariness,
hope for the end.

(copyright 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment